top of page

Château​ Le Gay

Domaine Profile

Chateau Le Gay has a long history in the Pomerol appellation that dates all the way back to at least 1845. At time, in their formative years the estate was known as Domaine du Gay.

Jean Pierre Moueix also purchased portions of the vineyard from the Robin family. Those parcels were used to increase the size of Chateau La Fleur Petrus. This took place during the 1950’s and again in 1994. Following the death of Therese Robin in 1984, Christian Moueix began managing the estate.

Chateau Le Gay was purchased by Catherine Pere-Verge in late 2002. One of the first decisions made by the new owner was to increase the size of their vineyards. She did this by planting and additional 3.4 hectares of vines on lands that were not being used.

n 2014, the wine making facilities at Chateau Le Gay were completely renovated, allowing for more parcel by parcel vinification and space for more barrels allowing the property to use micro vinification techniques for Chateau Le Gay and La Violette.

The 10.5 hectare vineyard of Chateau Le Gay is planted to 90% Merlot and 10% Cabernet Franc. The vineyard has a terroir of clay and gravel soil on the Pomerol plateau.

  • Château le Gay

bottom of page